4" x 50' Peel & Stick Crack Filler Strip Roll
This self-adhering rubberized asphalt strip, when placed over cracks or joints and heated, quickly fills openings and creates a permanent bond. Quik Joint creates waterproof joints while eliminating the need for special tools.
Now you can easily extend the life of your pavement by preventing water entry through cracks and joints. Eliminate the heating time of a tar kettle; the labor and mess when using a pour pot and the equipment necessary to haul these specialized tools. QuikJoint is a self adhering rubberized asphaltic strip that can be quickly placed over the crack or joint, requiring far less time and labor.
How to Use:
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, oil and grease.
- Surface temperatures should be at least 40 degrees F.
- Peel away about 12 inches of white release paper from roll and press exposed side of the QuikJoint firmly onto surface to evenly cover crack or joint.
- Continue as above until entire length of the joint is covered; then with a straight edge cut off remainder of the materials and return roll to its original package.
- Next evenly heat the QuikJoint material with a propane torch until it melts and bonds to the surface.
- Allow clear plastic film on top to completely burn off.
- Work surface area will be ready in minutes for traffic or the compound may be top-coated with sand or sealer.